Sunday, August 5, 2007

22. To Market

It was a lazy Sunday here. It was overcast and misty which had us in shock for much of the morning while we watched discovery, and surfed the web. I did a little work, and Ross talked on the phone.

We hit the farmer's market in Menlo Park where everything was colourful and tasty--we are only in town for a few days so we didn't stock up on too much but got figs, raspberries, and white peaches, as well as some sugar snap peas. We bought peas. Then I ate some on the way to the car...and then had to go back and buy more peas because I realized I'd eat them all for snacks and not have any left over for dinner!

We shopped for the house and did other chores too, stopping for lunch to have Burritos (we're addicted). This evening we sat with our market finds and some good cheese and olives and had a living room picnic over a movie. Content.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I LOVE living room picnics! We usually have sushi, hummus, pita, grapes, olives, cheese, berries for our selection...

Remember when we all were at Marc's old place and you guys brought pineapple and the yummy red stuff and we had our picnic "pre-dinner" and then were too stuffed to actually eat dinner after the galleries? I want a repeat! I miss you guys so much.