Standing in line to register for court (if you've been reading you'll remember I was busted for forgetting to stamp my multi-ride ticket my second day in SF), I started to have major anxiety while considering how I was supposed to act in the courtroom and what I would possibly say to the judge. I decided if they gave me the chance, I'd rather pay the maximum fine right that second than go into that courtroom and face him.
My ticket wasn't registered in the system yet, so I got to put off the entire gig. I got a procrastinate about court card from God.
I went to a cafe in Burlingame, and spent the rest of the morning studying my driver guide. Very, very diligently. It was as if I was possessed by little police men and nuns in my head drilling me on the distance you can park from a train track and when to turn on the turning signal. (Lora, in CA it's legal to turn left at red at a left-running one-way street). I learned in NC that it is very traumatizing and humiliating to fail the written test. So I was pleased when I managed to pass IL on the first go, and...ladies & gentlemen (drum roll), the CA test on the first go as well. Talk about relief!
So I am the proud owner of a CA - registered auto and am the knowledgeable carrier of a CA class C license. Aren't you impressed beyond words?!

2 comments:
LORA: You know, officer, CONCEPTUALLY its the same as right on red. There is no more risk to safety. Its taking a turn into one lane of traffic going the same way you are, without crossing any lanes.
OFFICER: (spoken sternly, yet sarcastically. Shaking his head) How long have you been driving?!
This is tooooooo funny. Congrats on getting a license to drive.
Post a Comment