Monday, August 20, 2007

37. A Day at the (home) Office

Today I started back working for an old client at the new home office--incidentally the last room that is a disaster. I was successful in concentrating on work for several hours after waking up at 4:30 thinking about work, not being able to return to sleep, dealing with a screaming freak of a cat, and then spending 3 hours solving my own DSL problem (since 2 of the 3 calls to ATT were useless).

And this is what my cat does to torture me while I work--he curls up and naps right beside me. Sweet little devil.

I accomplished nothing much around the house today (although I did both make coffee and drink it out of my favourite mug AND make a chocolate strawberry smoothie, both of which made me feel very homey), but we did tick one thing off the exploring list--we ate at Applewood Gourmet Pizza which is just down the street. Their ratings say best pizza in Palo Alto, which was a good sign. And the crust was crunchy at the bottom but chewy in the thick parts--pretty darn good. It's no replacement for Piero's Chicago Style pizza (best on the North Shore!!!), but it's a good thing to have around the corner.