Wednesday, August 8, 2007

25. 2000 miles without a key

Or, up the creek without a paddle. I have the keys to our temporary apartment, the keys to our new apartment, but neither of us had the keys to our house in IL. I realized this when our plane landed at midnight. We tried the neighbours, bad as we felt about it, but they didn't answer. Then Ross called our Realtor for the code to the lockbox. Jan gave us the code, and an hour and a half after landing, we're finally home and in the door.

What can we possibly get our realtor for the favours she's done for us since we left (rifling through our files to send our car title, giving us this code in the middle of the night, checking on the house after storms to make sure it hasn't flooded...)?

1 comment:

Lora said...

I hate that feeling. The one you got right when you realized that you didnt have the key...

Suggestions:
- Gift certificate for dinner
- Also, I often will give a potted orchid with a book or card in situations like these.
- Baked goods also are always appreciated