Tuesday, July 17, 2007

3. Head West



Bonneville Salt Flats & The Bay Bridge

Miles Traveled: approx 850
Progress: 100%

Across the NV/CA border, the landscape turned lush and varied in the Tahoe National Forest. The bay was all fog as we entered. We knew there would be gold here. The journey here feels longer than just the drive. And landing feels like coming home.

I’d like to rest my heavy head tonight
On a bed of California stars
I’d like to lay my weary bones tonight
On a bed of California stars
- Woodie Guthrie


1 comment:

Erin and Diane said...

good for you for posting even though I'm sure you're dead tired and relieved to not be taking rest in a motel. and yay for taking 80 all the way in, what a pic. heard decemberists play with grant park orchestra tonight in mil park. stepped through our door as the most vocal thunder/lightning storm I've ever heard began. o don't you miss the midwest?