Worked a lot today. At home. So I was glad when it was time to head out, catch the train down to Mountain View and meet Ross for dinner and another car trek. We ate at Charley's, one of the cafs at [Ross's work]. I wasn't allowed to take any photos, except of my dinner. Which I did. Just for Erin. And since apparently posts without pictures are really lame. But I cannot for MY LIFE get the photo off my freaking phone. I have spent half an hour and I'm tired. This is a moment when I can't love my mac because it is, yet again, so much LESS intuitive and LESS user-controlled than the PC. AND I hate my phone too because it's so completely confusing that I have no idea what else to try.
We were meant to look at a car today and didn't because the guy cancelled (he seems flakey). We tried to look for couches but we could not find the Macy's furniture place. Last night we looked at a place called Ana and we found a couple really good options. But after years long debate we had found a couch we could agree on in IL...if only they have it at this Macy's too, there's a big semi-annual sale going on.
So in essence the progress that was made today was simply that I got up. I saw the inside of the [Ross's work] campus. And we decided not to get a Z3 even though we think it's cool--because of maintenance costs. Because of this, we cannot allow ourselves to look at one lest we justify it in some way.
Tomorrow our lease officially starts so maybe I will go sit in that empty house and plan my organizing or lay out where that sofa I like will go. Or perhaps I will have a Grey's Anatomy marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I vote for Gray's Anatomy marathon. If only I was there to "run" it with you!!!
can't wait to see the pic (are you trying to text the photo to your blog from your phone? set up instructions at blogger.com)
we have to find out why [ross's work] calls it Charley's! I didn't know that civilians were allowed on campus, that is cool. Let's have a 'first-week' impressions from Ross.
We've been grillin and hanging at the pool a lot lately, it is so great.
i can go for a meal two times a month :-) it's like visiting your best friend at their college campus...
Post a Comment