Today's main objective was an "area tour" with the relocation agent. We didn't have very high expectations given it was supposed to be half a day or so and that we've already driven through and eaten in all the towns (between this week and our visit in the Spring). My goal was insights to the differences in each community. Ross thought this was probably unrealistic, stating, "they're all basically the same."
When she showed up with apartment listings I was deeply confused, since we clearly told them we don't want to rent anything till September, but I went with it figuring, "well, at least I'm not back at the house surfing the internet for more car listings all day."
We saw some disappointingly outdated and small places in great locations. We saw some terrific but expensive places in OK locations. And we saw a really great and expensive place in a perfect location. Then, we saw a really great place in a really great location for the price range we wanted. We have a good feeling about it and we are having the relo person negotiate with the owner to see if we can start our lease in September instead of immediately. Since I don't want to jinx it, I won't say more. But suffice to say I'd like to institute a cross-country crossing of the fingers!
Tomorrow, more car business. And who knows, maybe some unabashed actual fun. (but if not, there's always Sunday.)
[yeah, the cat has nothing to do with this subject, but he's at home as you can see.]

2 comments:
MY fingers are crossed! : )
ooh I can't wait to learn more, we have fingers crossed too! cutie kitty. I say take the train to the city for some fun!
Post a Comment