Tuesday, December 11, 2007

150. Day Two - Docs out the Wazoo

Day Two was long and I am in a sea of acronyms and strange stuff that I suppose any new person deals with. Everyone is great so far. And I have this MASS of documents to review already - my emails are flying in at break neck (break eyeball?) pace, and I'm not sure whether I'll catch up or not...

Tonight went to the BayCHI (That's the Bay area Computer Human Interaction) meeting which was all about Mass Interpersonal Persuasion and Facebook -- truly fascinating with BJ Fogg, an (the?) industry leader in persuasive technology, his co-teacher, and their students presenting their research projects.

I have to say: search facebook.com applications for "save the rainforest". For every 6 words you get right, you will save 1 foot of rainforest. It's a game that helps you learn vocab AND helps secure monies for the rain forest. This was developed by some students at Stanford...and was a highlight of the presentation tonight.

Ah, work.

No comments: