It's hard to say, "I told you so," when the person you told calls you up and says, "you can say, 'I told you so' because you told me so." It just kills all the joy of out it.
By the title and the first paragraph, you can tell things are going well with Ross's classic. Apparently the condition of the mechanics was slightly mis-represented, if not truly and neglectfully mis-represented. He took it to the shop where they fixed the starting problem but recommended that in order to function properly he lob another 5K toward the thing. And that's in addition to the dough he was already planning on shelling out for the new interior.
There is nothing worse than just having this whole situation plod on and on and on ad infinitum. We are still in (can you say 'back to square one') discussions about what the next steps are, but one of them will be selling this car in late winter or spring. I'm not anti-bmw2002tii at all. I'm really not. But I am anti-strange guy that I just know hasn't taken proper care of his car. There is no test for that. There is no equation. No logical explanation. But when you get the ditch-this-guy feeling...well, you should listen. And I told him so.

No comments:
Post a Comment