Sunday, October 21, 2007

97-99 Bunny Ears


We walk to town a lot for stuff when we can. Yesterday we went in for a craft fair, and today again for the market. And you all know how I just love this whole commuting without the car thing.

But my shoes are always coming untied. And Ross is always making fun of me. He gave me some advice about wrapping something twice and I thought I'd try it, but it didn't really translate to how I tie my shoes.

During our last walk as I tied my shoes for the millionth time, he started to give that same advice again when he stopped mid-sentence to exclaim accusingly, "YOU STILL TIE BUNNY EARS?!?!"

So this is my confession. I tie bunny ears. I had a mom who tied the grown-up way and a dad who tied bunny ears. I tie bunny ears. I never learned the other way. I've tried now that I'm grown up to tie that other way but it always ends up floppy and loose and awkward. I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with bunny ears, although it is starting to seem like they just don't work with these particular laces. Since it's been 35 years, I think I'll just get different shoes (maybe some slip-ons?) rather than re-learn. But let's hope my kid gets the grown-up-shoe-tying gene.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't know there was 2 ways... Now I'm worry about my way... Maybe you should take a photo or your way and Ross and we can tally the results to see how many peoples have the right way… Maybe you should have Velcro like Jonathan….

MDH said...

Yeah, Jeff! You got it. Velcro! Solves a lot of problems. Bunny ears! (I think they switched her at birth.) hee hee

Lora said...

Oh man...
This means I got some awesome orange shoes out of your bow tying method.

You make me laugh!