Thursday, October 4, 2007

79-81. Smelly

Monday-Wednesday 1-3 October

I love travel. I like to see new (and old) places, connect with people, etc. This week, traveling for business was fairly good. I worked all day on the plane Monday till my battery died, at which point I caught up on some business reading. There was an interesting twist to my business travel this week--Ross went too. Ross's work was recruiting at Duke's Fuqua School of Business and he went to do meetings and an information session. So we stayed together.

And I'm sorry to report I stayed in a place I don't normally stay. And our room smelled like a third-world market--all B.O. It was horrid. Two nights of B.O. What else can I say?

As I found my seat on the 5+hour flight home (all this after a war-room session at work and a flight from RDU to IAD), I found a pocket of some of the most raunchy B.O. ever. In my row. I guess it was the guy next to me. Thankfully there was no one in the middle seat, but I spent a lot of the time trying to be "smooth" while I covered my nose and mouth with my sweater or put my hands to my nose hoping my perfume or hand cream would negate the impact of the intensely smelly smell that was someone's B.O.

The hazards of travel are sometimes hidden. Home is safe.

...or so I thought. Till I entered the front door, where I encountered the pungent fragrance of cat poo. The litter box happens to be in the foyer corner and low and behold, in that one instance it did not serve me one bit.

Entering the kitchen, I STILL smell remnants of fish odour from the ONE NIGHT we cooked fish OUTSIDE last weekend.

Does smell mean something? Because if so, I'm getting strong messages I cannot interpret.

1 comment:

Lora said...

You know what REALLY STINKS?!

That we missed a visit with you AND Ross. Darn it.