I'll spare the crowd the gorey details but I'd decided to get a mini cooper--used, reasonable miles--for my commuter car. Yesterday we went to see one, a good deal. There were still two others we were hoping to look at that were comparable. Today, the guy calls and asks do we want it b/c he has other folks interested but he felt committed to us. When Ross called and asked if he was flexible on price, he simply said, "It's OK. I am then going to sell to the people who are here with the money." Ross tried to offer the asking price, but it was "Sorry, it's OK. I am going to sell it to them."
When we went to look at the next one, it was really not in as good of shape, and I walked away. I was so disappointed tho...because I really wanted to get this settled. Somebody is out there driving my mini. Darn them!
So do I take the $5K 1993 Saab? I only ever cared about one other car besides my BMW 325 - and that was my 1990 Saab turbo--that was a great car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG! I wont tell Little Red that you never valued your several year relationship with her. She would be totally distraught!
I vote Mini! Keep looking. I mean, if you want to make me jealous...
Saab is exciting but what if it doesnt live up to the last one?
Makes ya wonder why he called "because he felt committed" if he didn't really care that you were still interested. Hmm. Sounds like a a a a CAR SALESMAN!!!
Post a Comment